The Aerospace Engineering Bachelor of Science program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Undergraduate Program Objective
The Aerospace Engineering undergraduate program objective is that our graduates contribute to the aerospace profession, related fields and other disciplines through skilled professional practice in industry, government and/or graduate study. Within a few years after graduation we expect that:
- Graduates are meaningfully employed or pursuing graduate study in aerospace or other high technology fields, with the majority retained in aerospace or closely related engineering
- Graduates have a positive professional career path including promotions, leadership and/or continued education
- Graduates recognize the value of their educational preparation for their current and future professional endeavors
Undergraduate Program Outcomes
Our program is designed to achieve our objective by establishing measurable learning outcomes, which graduates of the program must demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
The KU School of Engineering gathers and posts this data for all its undergraduate degree programs.